By Chester，WayKen Project Manager
Quest for a perfect manufacturing process can minimize WIP and inventory, reduce costs, shorten manufacturing time, and improve product accuracy to ensure perfect product delivery.
1. Analysis and selection of materials during manufacturing process
(1) According to the main performance indicators, select several materials that meet the requirements.
(2) according to the material molding process, the complexity of parts, parts of the production batch, the existing production conditions, technical conditions to choose the material and its molding process.
(3) Selecting the most suitable material by using optimization method after comprehensive consideration of material cost, molding process, material performance and reliability of use. Choose materials with a high performance/cost ratio, considering raw material cost, raw material utilization, material forming cost, manufacturing process cost and production cycle.
For example, AL7075 is stronger and harder than AL6061 for robotic structural parts, but it takes more time to machine than AL6061, and the material is more expensive. In other cases, AL6061 is the best choice in terms of cost performance.
2. Processing plan and process analysis
(1) To ensure that the technical requirements of the processed parts are met and that qualified products are processed.
To select the process and processing method according to the customer’s requirements and the environment in which the product is used, and to ensure that the product that meets the technical requirements is processed.
(2) To contribute to increased productivity.
Improving productivity and conformity is the focus of the manufacturing process solution. The process and equipment selected for the production of prototypes and mass production need to be chosen based on delivery time and production costs.
(3) Minimize production costs (processing costs)
While ensuring the production of products that satisfy customers, selecting and improving processing solutions that are more efficient, reasonable, and can reduce customer costs will make you more competitive.
3. Guarantee of machining accuracy
One of the most important aspects of precision assurance is the accuracy of the equipment, which usually determines the accuracy of the product. The use of more sophisticated processing equipment is a mandatory requirement.
Experienced processing programming engineers and operation engineers are also important factors to ensure the manufacturing process accuracy and qualified rate. Skilled operation skills and processing techniques can totally create miracles.
Reducing, compensating, transferring, equalizing and homogenizing the original error is also a very important thing, during the machining process.
At the same time, for products with low precision requirements, using low precision and low-cost processing equipment is a good way to save cost and time for customers.
4.Unconventional structure and internal structure processing scheme
The machining of unconventional structure parts, such as deep holes, internal structure, and parts with blind spots, is not possible with ordinary CNC machining due to the limitations of CNC freedom and tool size. EDM and WEDM can make up for this deficiency by electrolysis of the metal surface to reduce the thickness of the part for machining. For the manufacturing process of unconventional structure, it is usually necessary to make some copper molds according to the internal structure of the part, and then process the part through the conductive properties of copper molds. However, the machined surface is generally rougher and needs further polishing. Compared with the visual prototype, the processing difficulties of the physical prototype stand out in these difficulty to achieve this unconventional structure.
5.Upgrading the process is the best way to reduce the cost
Efficient process upgrading is the best choice to improve efficiency, increase capacity and reduce manufacturing costs. Scientifically and innovatively analyze and develop the process flow in the realization of customer projects, clarify the important and difficult points of the process according to customer requirements, conduct comprehensive process analysis, and prepare reasonable and effective process solutions and process protocols. Develop more scientific and efficient process flow and system, constantly summarize the lessons learned in the process of process implementation, promote and implement advanced experience, and achieve optimal control of process flow, cost, quality, etc.
For example, the processing method of the robotic arm: while improving its load-bearing capacity and strength and precision to a higher degree. Research and develop how to improve the accuracy of CNC machining after the robot arm casting, and develop a more cost-saving manufacturing process for customers.