By Taylor，WayKen Project Manager
Whether it is metal or plastic enclosure parts, a functional prototype or appearance prototype can be quickly completed by CNC, thereby promoting the development of the entire product. That’s why CNC electronics plays an important role in consumer electronics development.
CNC electronics plays an important role in consumer electronics development
The consumer electronics industry is a typical technology-driven industry. Every time technological innovation reshapes the industry format, it also brings emerging consumer electronics industry demands. Half of the consumer electronic product development cycle is spent on the design and manufacture of enclosure parts, which is a key link in the production and manufacturing of consumer electronic products, and its advanced production technology has also become an important support for the production of consumer electronic products. As technology develops, CNC electronics become more and more popular, particularly on the enclosure parts.
Development of Aluminum CNC electronics
In recent years, terminal manufacturers are developing brand-new structural products for new models to speed up the replacement of consumer electronics products, and the use of aluminum alloy enclosure is one of them. Why hasn’t aluminum alloy been considered as housing for consumer electronics products until in the near future? The main reasons are as follows:
1) Compared with plastic structural parts, the CNC machining of aluminum housing parts is more difficult, and the material and processing costs are higher. If aluminum is used in structural parts, it will directly affect the price of the product. This is the most important reason why aluminum CNC electronics didn’t get developed at an early time;
2) Consumers have diversified needs for the appearance and color of consumer electronic products. However, the particularity of the physical properties of aluminum housing parts determines that it is difficult to color. Whether it is color diversification or color durability, there are a certain degree of technical barriers;
3) Consumer electronic products require high radio frequency signal transmission capacity and stability, but aluminum enclosure parts have electromagnetic shielding characteristics, which are not conducive to the use of consumer electronic products.
With the development of science and technology, the above-mentioned problems have been gradually solved. The development of anodizing technology has solved the coloring problem of aluminum housing parts, and the problem of radio frequency signal transmission can be handled by hollowing out the backplane and filling it with ceramic materials.
Application of CNC on consumer electronics from WayKen
The case of Wayken using CNC to make aluminum consumer electronics enclosure
1) The application of CNC in housing parts of consumer electronic products
With the use of 6-series aluminum, CNC milling processing, and multi-color anodize, aluminum CNC electronics meets the needs of customers for the diversity of consumer electronics products as well as the needs of higher compression resistance. In addition to anodizing, we can also carry out post-treatment of spray paint on aluminum products, which are better in effect and texture than plastic appearance parts.
2) In addition to housing parts, CNC is also widely used in heat sinks of consumer electronic products
When it comes to heat dissipation, everyone will think of copper, but because copper is much more expensive and heavier than aluminum, aluminum is more commonly used in heat dissipation. WayKen has helped many customers to complete the processing of various radiators through CNC, and at the same time gaining experience in processing heatsink.
The advantages of aluminum consumer electronic enclosures
The successful application of aluminum housing parts in consumer electronic products has promoted the development of the entire aluminum product industry chain, and the technology of CNC processing consumer electronic products has become increasingly mature. The process and scale of sandblasting and anodization have also been significantly improved. The renewal of consumer demand has also promoted the derivation of high polishing effects. Consumer electronic products that use aluminum housing parts have significantly improved compression resistance, bending resistance, heat dissipation effect, and scratch resistance, etc., and the appearance is more stylish and the texture is better. This is why aluminum enclosures are becoming more and more popular in recent consumer electronics product innovations.
WayKen has a lot of experience in CNC machining of aluminum enclosure parts for consumer electronics. As an ISO 9001 certified factory, Wayken’s quality control will be strictly implemented in accordance with ISO 9001 quality control system. Besides, we have a technical sales team providing barrier-free technical communication. If you have a similar project that needs our support, you can contact our email: email@example.com. We believe that our quality and service will bring you a great experience.