Posted on Oct. 19th, 2018 | By Brian, WayKen Project Manager
At home, the pot is metal, the bowl can be metal, the cup can be metal; The car parts are made of metal, our mobile phone is made of metal, and the metal products can be seen everywhere in daily life. All of these things, including in our food, clothing and housing, can be made by CNC metal processing.
What is CNC Metal Machining?
In fact, it is a CNC milling machine, which is an automatic machine tool with a program control system. CNC machine tool is the abbreviation of Computer numerical control machine (Computer numerical control), which is an automatic machine tool controlled by programming. The control system can logically process a program with control codes or other symbolic instructions and be decoded it by a computer to operate the machine and machine the part. The rough material is processed into semi-finished finished parts by tool cutting. CNC metal machining is a branch of the CNC machining, when you get to know CNC machining, you will notice the power of metal machining.
CNC Metal Machining has the Following Advantages
1. Economical. The content of the process is complicated. This is because the numerical control machine tool is more expensive than the ordinary machine tool. If only the simple process is economically uneconomical, it is usually arranged on the CNC machine tool, and even the process that is difficult to complete on the ordinary machine tool.
2. Detailed Arrangement. The arrangement of the work steps is more detailed. This is because the problems that need not be considered in the processing technology of the ordinary machine tool, such as the arrangement of the work steps in the process, the determination of the tool points, the tool change points and the processing routes, etc. CNC machining process cannot be ignored.
3. Automatic Program. CNC machining program is the instructional document of the CNC machine tool. CNC machine tool is controlled by the program instructions, and the whole process of machining is automatically performed according to the program instructions. Relying on the automatic process, CNC machine will finally complete all processes.
4. Precision Details. CNC machining program not only includes the process of the part, but also the process parameters necessary for the completion of the process, such as the cutting amount, the feed route, the tool size number and the movement process of the machine tool.
5. Top Functional Availability. CNC machining has high efficiency, high machining precision, low labor intensity and strong adaptability to different work pieces.
What are the Common-Used Materials for CNC Machining?
CNC Metal Materials
Typical uses: Cast iron has been used for hundreds of years in applications such as construction, bridges, engineering components, home, and kitchen appliances.
2. Stainless steel
Typical applications: austenitic stainless steel is mainly used in household products, industrial pipes and building structures; martensitic stainless steel is mainly used to make tools and turbine blades; ferritic stainless steel is corrosion-resistant, mainly used in durable washing machines and In boiler parts; composite stainless steel is more resistant to corrosion and is often used in aggressive environments.
Typical use: electronic components. Zinc is one of the alloying materials that form bronze. Zinc is also hygienic and corrosion resistant. In addition, zinc is also used in roofing materials, photo engraving discs, mobile phone antennas, and shutter devices in cameras.
4. Aluminum (AL)
Typical uses: vehicle skeletons, aircraft parts, kitchen utensils, packaging, and furniture. Aluminum is also often used to reinforce some large building structures, such as the statue of Eros on Piccadilly Circus in London and the top of the Chrysler Car Building in New York, all of which have been made of aluminum.
5. Magnesium Alloy
Typical use: Widely used in aerospace, automotive, electronics, mobile communications, metallurgy and other fields.
Typical uses: wire, engine coils, printed circuits, roofing materials, pipe materials, heating materials, jewelry, cookware. It is also one of the main alloying ingredients for making bronze.
Typical uses: golf clubs, tennis rackets, laptops, cameras, luggage, surgical implants, aircraft skeletons, chemical tools, and marine equipment. In addition, titanium is also used as a white pigment for paper, painting, and plastics.
CNC Plastic Materials
Typical use: ABS plastic has good comprehensive performance and outstanding impact performance. Therefore, it is widely used in household appliances, electronic appliances, automobiles, machinery and office equipment.
2. PC (polycarbonate)
Typical use: polycarbonate is colorless, transparent, heat resistant, impact resistant, flame retardant, BI grade, and has good mechanical properties at normal use temperatures. Polycarbonate has good impact resistance, high refractive index and good processing performance. It has UL94 V-0 flame retardant performance without additives. It is widely used in building materials, automotive, medical, aerospace, aerospace, electronics, packaging and other fields. .
3. PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate)
Typical use: It has excellent optical properties and is a highly transparent thermoplastic. It has been widely used. PMMA products are available in various types such as plates, tubes, rods and molding compounds. They are mainly used in aviation, radio and instrumentation. , instruments, medical devices, etc.
4. PA (nylon)
Nylon is non-toxic, light in weight, excellent in mechanical strength, wear resistance and good corrosion resistance. Therefore, it is widely used in the manufacture of bearings, gears and pump blades in industries such as machinery, chemicals, instruments, and automobiles. And so on.
It is one of the five engineering plastics. It has the advantages of high hardness, wear resistance, creep resistance and chemical resistance. It is often used to replace non-ferrous metals such as copper, zinc, tin and lead. POM Widely used in industrial machinery, automotive, electronic appliances, daily necessities, pipes and fittings, precision instruments and building materials industries.
What can WayKen do for CNC Metal Machining Process?
1. Home appliance products: such as TV sets, refrigerators, air conditioners, washing machines, fans, air purifiers, humidifiers, etc.
2. Digital products: computer monitors, chassis, speakers, keyboards, mice, routers, etc.
3. Office equipment products: printers, fax machines, all kinds of stationery and folders, etc.
4. Communication products: mobile phones, fixed telephones, walkie-talkies, etc.
5. Auto parts: various parts on the body, such as doors, lights, dashboards, steering wheels, decorative strips, etc.
6. Children’s products: baby carriages, various children’s toys;
7. All kinds of crafts: such as lighting, decorations, etc.
From the above, you will find that all metals and plastics in life, as long as they exist, are available to be manufactured by CNC machining.