Rapid Tooling Services
Quickly and low cost get your injection molded parts with the production-grade material and technology process by using the rapid tooling, for low volume rapid injection molding.
What is Rapid Tooling?
Rapid tooling is often referred to as prototype tooling, bridge tooling, or soft tooling. Rapid tooling is a crucial step on the path to production. Its definition of tooling involves manufacturing used to create products, such as rapid injection molds, rapid die-cast molds, sheet metal prototype molds, quick and easy jigs and fixtures, and other custom tooling parts. Creating rapid tooling to conduct trial production of hundreds or even thousands of parts before mass production is a very useful step for design optimization, functional testing, or pre-production verification.
Reasons to Choose Rapid Tooling
Whether to choose rapid tooling will depend on four basic factors: delivery, cost flexibility and acceptable quality. Those are the four primary differences between rapid tooling vs conventional tooling.
Advantages of Rapid Tooling Services
- Customizable. Rapid tooling services allows you to create a wide range of different product designs without having to make major changes or adjustments to your existing tooling setup.
- Timely production. Combined with rapid prototyping in CNC machining, EDM machining, 3D printing, vacuum casting and finishing experiences in product development, WayKen can produce rapid production tooling and rapid injection mold quickly and efficiently.
- Range of materials. Rapid tooling is a highly flexible manufacturing process, capable of producing a wide variety of parts in a range of materials, from plastics and metals to composites. This makes it an ideal solution for companies that need to produce low volumes of customized parts quickly and cost-effectively.
- Fast turnaround. Turn over your low volume plastic parts of specific material within 2-5 weeks while exceeding your highest expectations.
- Quick to market. Rapid tooling services can help you speed up the pre-production testing and verification, and bridge the gap to production. Also, it enables the more complete designs to be put into the production process and enter the market faster.
Rapid Injection Molding & Tooling Services
What is Rapid Injection Molding?
Rapid injection molding is a production method in which rapid tooling is applied to plastic injection molding, which meaning not only can manufacture hundreds of pilot runs production for testing prototype parts close to the final product, but also provide on-demand production of end-use parts for the low volume injection mold.
Why Choose WayKen for Rapid Injection Molding?
At WayKen, We combine rapid injection molding with our rapid tooling capabilities, allowing us to produce low-volume injection molded parts quickly and cost-efficiently. WayKen takes a proactive approach to plastic projects, providing cost-effective and rationalized design analysis, materials, production processes, manufacturability, etc. We determine your best pathway to the marketplace based on your project’s goals and expectations, and provide better solutions for your investment in rapid tools life and process technologies, to ensure the success of your project.
How Rapid Injection Molding Works?
Need as few as 100 or more than 100,000 injection molded parts? Rapid injection mold is a cost-effective solution for your product development process.
Optimized Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
Design for manufacturability (DFM) covers every aspect of the injection molding process from part design, mold tooling design, and materials selection to processing. No need to wait for production to reveal issues with design, because with optimized design for manufacturability, our engineers will ensure your parts can be tooled and molded to scale as cost-effectively as possible.
Choose the Right Material of Mold Tools
The right material of mold tools will involve considerations such as intended use, volume requirements, and expected investment, as well as design complexity, mold structure, and so on. Not sure which tooling materials to choose? We will help you weigh each of these advantages to find the best rapid tooling solution for your product needs.
We can make rapid mold tools from Aluminum 7075, P20, and NAK80 semi-hardened steels and H13 fully-hardened steel. We also offer standard SPI finishes, EDM texturing and a range of etched textures including Mold-Tech® MT series and VDI® 3400 series.
Cost-effective Mold Manufacturing Process
In order to fully satisfy the need for rapid production and low cost reduction, normally we utilize the Master Unit Die Quick-Change (MUD) System which is proven to save rapid tooling process time and reduce costs. Even more importantly, engineering changes involve only the MUD mold insert, not an entire standard mold base. You can also group several similar parts together on what is known as a family tool for greater savings. In addition, manual or semi-automatic inserts are also often used in rapid mold tooling.
WayKen begins the design review process with you and our design engineers. We believe that great rapid tools and mold making solution means full communication while ensuring you can get available resources selection.
Aluminum Mold Tooling – Receive Plastic Parts In 3 Weeks Or Less
High-performance aluminum alloys offer fast and efficient machinability and better thermal conductivity, which helps build molds faster and at a lower cost. More than just a bridge for prototyping or accelerating product launches, aluminum molds are a successful alternative to steel molds that will continue to drive and influence the future of the plastics industry.